Blacon Parade, Chester
Cheshire West &
Masterplan, concept, design and executive delivery for the a £19M major mixed use regeneration of the centre of the Blacon Estate, Chester. The majority of the masterplan was completed in 2012, however Blacon West (the health facilities and 16 apartments) is currently on site.
The proposed Masterplan which was developed included 8 acres of the surrounding neighbourhood to deliver;
• Substantial refurbishment of 48 existing dwellings
• New road and pavement layout
• 62 new build family houses
• New build sheltered housing block of 40 1B and 2B apartments
• The refurbishment of the parade
• A new build 3000sqm Primary Care Centre & dedicated pharmacy
• 1000sqm Community Development Centre with library
• Business Enterprise Building to aid the growth of new local businesses
• 16 new apartments.
Key to the success of the project has been sustained and effective consultation between key local stakeholders and the wider community.
The Enterprise Centre achieved Breeam Excellent rating.