Hive City Docks, Liverpool
The 31-storey apartment block will will deliver 278 private rental apartments, a roof-top “premium restaurant with ground floor bistro and bar facilities” and a 24-hour concierge service.
The 31-storey scheme was designed to deliver 278 private rental apartments, a roof-top premium restaurant with ground floor bistro and bar facilities and a 24- hour concierge service. Intended to take two years to build it was to be delivered under Your Housing Group’s Hive brand, its private rented sector arm that has already delivered a scheme in Warrington’s Church Street.
The project forms part of Peel group’s £5.5bn Liverpool Waters development scheme.
The pre-commencement conditions were all discharged. In addition a section 96A non-material amendment application was granted primarily to achieve a number of cost savings. These amendments included:
• Reduction of building footprint by 350mm on southeast and northwest facades;
• Reduction in building height by 1850mm;
• Increased floor area to 1st floor plant space;
• Amended window locations;
• Removal of residents terrace at level 26;
• Change in proposed façade material from smooth concrete finish to a stone effect metal cladding with powder coat finish